Thursday, July 7, 2011

1st Gender Reveal Cake: It's a....

BOY!!!!!!!

The newest trend in parenting... gender reveal cakes! The couple goes for their ultrasound and has the technician check the gender of the baby, then without telling the couple, the technician puts the news into a sealed envelope. The couple brings their favorite baker (wink, wink) the sealed envelope and then the baker makes either a blue or pink cake, decorated on the outside and the couple will find out the gender of their baby when they cut the cake, hopefully surrounded by their loved ones!

I first heard of gender reveal cakes via an ABC30 news video: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/parenting-trends-gender-reveal-parties-13921640?tab=9482931&section=1206833

My first gender reveal cake was done for my cousin, Jeff and his wife, Melissa. I couldn't have been more excited! I always tell people that it is such a privilege to make cakes because I get to be a part of the happiest moments of people's lives (birthdays, weddings, baby showers, etc.) The introduction of gender reveal cakes takes this honor to a whole new level.

Thank you Jeff and Melissa for allowing me to be a part of this special day!




Pin It